How to make popcorn in the microwave
Do you love to to tuck into some popcorn at home? Whether it is a treat for movie time or a snack for kids, there is nothing better than freshly popped popcorn!
Using your microwave to make popcorn is a quick and simple process when you have a reusable silicone bag in your kitchen.
All you will need is:
- Any brand of popcorn kernels
- A Moonmoon Silicone Food Bag - we recommend using our large freezer bag for this recipe to give the kernels room to pop!
- Oil or butter
- Seasoning of your choice (optional)
- Measure out your desired amount of popcorn kernels: Use plain popcorn kernels and then pour into your Silicone Bag.
- Pour oil over your kernels: Pour oil over the kernels (1 or 2 tbsp will work fine.
- Seal your bag: Close your silicone bag fully, or leave a small gap for ventilation if you prefer- this won't affect the quality of your popcorn!
- Microwave: Remember that cooking times may vary depending on your microwave wattage. We recommend microwaving for around 2-3 minutes- but keep an eye on it.
- Wait: Wait for about 30 seconds to ensure that all the kernels have popped - you will be able to hear this.
- Carefully remove from the microwave: Although our reusable silicone bags are microwave-safe, please be careful when removing it from the microwave as it may be hot.
- Season and enjoy: This step is optional, but you can season your popcorn with whatever you like - sugar, salt, cinnamon, melted chocolate... Seal the bag again and shake to distribute the flavours evenly.
We would love to see the popcorn that you make - why not take a photo and tag us on Instagram?!